Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Finding the Path - Post NaNoWriMo

Well I ended the month with 55,400 words added to the *story* I started years past. Everything was for a new book, but really the more of this I write the more I realize it will really be one BIG story that I have to split up into smaller bits. Know who else had to do the same...? Tolkien. Yup, the God of Fantasy. I guess I am in good company.

One of the best things to come out of NaNo, besides my new idea to add in a real world aspect to my fantasy story, was the people I met. From that I managed to network and find a few other like minded individuals (as far as they are striving to work on the craft, not that we see the world the same) and formed my own writers group. Tolkien got me to thinking, what I really needed was a CS Lewis friend and my own "Inklings" group. A group of individuals that aren't interested in patting me on the back and cheering me on (although those people are most appreciated and important for motivation) but rather are more interested in content, form, grammar, broken ideas, and can point out things that I, as the author, am blind to. I am extremely thankful to them. They are exactly what I need and I hope we go far into the future together. Les, Sara, Emily, Silver, and Marge - Thank you!

I have started Tweeting more. I am still new to it, but I try to access it daily. I am still wondering what people really want to hear from me on, so I am posting stuff about the progress of my story, as well as personal activities as they come up. My twitter is r_e_james so if you don't follow, please do.

I have come across numerous interesting links form other authors and publishers on twitter that I may start to republish here, in my blog. If you don't like that idea - feel free to email me and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment